Monday, March 7, 2011

Tip of the Week

There are a lot of great Deal websites available today - such as Groupon, LivingSocial, KGBDeals, and a few others. But there in my experience there is 1 Deal Site I will NEVER use again called HOMERUN.com . I purchased a deal from here once and that was a Huge mistake. I spent $10 in order to receive $20 worth of baked goods at a selected bakery near my home. When I finally went to go use the certificate the place didn't seem to exist. Not only that but I also tried to call the number of the bakery and it was just a recording, so I assume the establishment went out of business.
Now, I can certainly understand that. In the past, when something has occurred of a similar nature -which rarely happens, but it does - Groupon and LivingSocial were quick to kindly credit me the money I was owed. I called the HomeRun.com customer service number half a dozen times and left messages as well. I also wrote several emails stating the problem. It was 2 weeks before anyone got back to me with any sort of response. I was told I'd be refunded the money in check form. It's now over 2 months and I've yet to see that check. I'm still sending numerous emails a day trying to pester the company into refunding my money. AVOID Homerun.com.

Be careful with lesser known websites, but don't ever feel shy to fight for your money back. That's my tip, stick with the more common and reliable deal sites like Groupon.

*I've checked online recently, and this company HomeRun has had numerous complaints about refund refusals for the services they could not provide, so I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment